Monday, September 9, 2013

Kudos to both players for a great battle, many more to come I'm sure.

I was rooting for Nadal, but I got too nervous and turned off the TV in the beginning of the 3rd set (went to the gym to burn off all that nervous energy). I thought Djokovic had the match in his control, while Nadal was starting to look tired. Real Madrid soccer jersey Djokovic was hitting rockets off both sides, especially his forehand - I don't think I've even seen Del Potro bash the ball that hard & deep. Nadal kept spinning the ball back to the middle of the court and wait for Del Potro to unleash.  happened? Nadal's never-give-up fighting spirit never ceases to amaze me. Kudos to both players for a great battle, many more to come I'm sure.

I think Nadal will go down as the greatest tennis player of all time. Federer has 17 GS titles, but most of them were won during tennis' "down period" between the end of the Sampras era and before the arrival of Nadal and Djokovich as serious competition. In fact both Nadal and Djokovich have been beating Federer regularly for several years - even while he was still in his prime, before he hit the age of 30. Brazil Soccer Jersey All of Nadal's GS titles (and Djokovich's also) have been won against top competition.

I've always held team sports to be better than individual ones at developing positive values in kids, but, right now, I find it hard to find better role models than Roger, Rafa, Novak and Andy.

I very much care who wins, since I'm Spanish, but it's still a pleasure to see them play and behave themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment